It seems contradictory if I say that we can burn the fat by eating nuts – such a high calorie food, but the logic behind is, good fat like nuts really helps to burn fat by creating such environment in the body to boost up fat burning.
Lets see how..
- Nuts in shells (pistachio, almonds, walnuts) contains mono unsaturated fat (MUFA) and poly unsaturated Fats (PUFA). This is essential for working of lever to produce good cholesterole (HDL) and reduces LDL.
- They also contain phytosterols which inhibits cholesterol absorption from the food inside digestive system. Along with that all the nuts contains fibers which gives satisfaction in spite of consumed in less quantity.
- Encytocin in pistachio is having anti inflammatory characteristics which prevents heart disease and helps in fat burning.
- Walnuts are rich source of omega3 fatty acids which plays significant role in cholesterol control in body along with that it helps the neurons, and aids to prevention of depression, schizophrenia, and dementia. After any stressful activity or illness, vitamin B from our body is utilized for recovery, so to fulfill the deficit, walnut are helpful if consumed in proper quantity.
- Almonds are rich source of vitamin E which helps our cells to reduce the damage due to strenuous activities.
- As the nuts are packed with calories too, a handful or 10-15 no of nuts in a day are sufficient for good health, yes our system can really take it, but we should not forget the calorie balance – as any fat 1g=9 calories, so one handful will surely help, but more than that can do weight gain too..