This is the alternate variation of classic potato poha, making it healthier by using tomatoes instead of potatoes. It can be made instantly, and can be stored for longer time without refrigeration, so ideal food for in between meal or snack. Easy to prepare and Easy to digest, so any age group can have it without hassle.Its easily available and very low coast nutritious healthy food.
Cooking time: 10 mins
Preparation time: 5 mins
Beaten rice flakes (poha): 2 katori
Tomato: 1 medium size finely chopped
Green chillies: 1 tsp finely chopped
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Curry leaves: 4-5
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Oil: 1 tbs
Sugar : 2 tsp
Salt: 2 tsp
Lime juice: 2 tsp
Fresh Coriander leaves: to garnish
- Rinse the rice flakes with water, so the flakes will soak some water and will get moist,
- Then add salt, sugar and lemon juice to the rice flakes and mixed it lightly.
- Heat the oil in pan and add mustard seeds, when seeds starts to crackle add curry leaves, chopped tomatoes and chopped green chilies, add turmeric powder to oil so it cover all the ingredients well.
- Stir tomatoes for 3-4 mins, till it gets a bit soft.
- Now add rice flakes to it and mix it gently or the poha will be messed up.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Carbs: 26 g