Bhindi as a green vegetable is very nutritious and addition of onion will not only increase its taste but also its nutritional value. Human body is recommended to have a certain level of vitamin B 6 and folic acid. Half a cup of cooked Lady fingers provide nearly 10% of the recommended levels of vitamin B6 and folic acid. Onion seeds increases its fiber value, and curd when added to it makes it rich in calcium and protein too.
Cooking time: 15 mins
Preparation time: 10 mins
Green okra (ladies finger): 500 gms
Onion: thinly sliced ½ cup
Onion seeds: 2 tsp
Curds: 2 tbs
Green chillies: 3 cut in slices.
Salt: 2 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Oil: 1 tbs
- First clean the okra with dry cloth and cut it lengthwise. Make sure that okra remains dry or it will be very sticky while cooking.
- Heat the oil in pan and add onion seeds, green chillies, and onion, when onion turns translucent then add okra.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and toss well.
- Allow the vegetables to be cooked.
- When okra gets cooked completely, add curds, mix it well and off the stove.
- Dahiwali bhindi is ready to be served.
Nutritional value ( per serving)
Energy: 83.35 cal
Carbs: 9.425 g
Vitamins/minerals: calcium, dietary fibers, vitamin B complex, vitamin c, iron.