Tired after office hours?? want to cook something fast?? yet yummy and nutritious??, tomato rice is one of the good option. use brown rice instead of white rice to make it healthiest. the same recipe can be used to feed weaning Babies, and they will happily gulp down saying yummy…if you are making this for your baby load it with butter and cheese, as it will provide energy, protein and calcium to growing kids.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Tomatoes: 1 cup finely chopped (approximate 2 big sized)
Oil: 1 tbsp
Garlic: 1 tsp
Onions: 2 tbsp finely chopped
Long grain rice or brown rice: 1 cup
Salt: 1 tsp
Oregano: 1 tsp
Cheese: grated 1 tbsp
- Soak the rice with double water, i.e. if 1 cup rice , soak it in 2 cups of water for 10 mins.
- Heat the oil in pan, add onions to it, when onion turns translucent, add garlic and sauté for 2 more mins.
- Add tomatoes, salt and stir well, when tomatoes become lil bit softer, add rice with the same water in which we have soaked them, and cook on medium flame with covering the pan, steering in between.
- When the rice gets cooked, add cheese & oregano to it and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.