Chop the veggies, toss in dressing and salad is ready to eat.. Easiest to make and tangy in taste, this salad fulfills half of the daily requirements of nutrients. Precisely chop the veggies in big pieces and keep the skin intact, then it would take longer to chew and keeps gums healthy by massaging them. Sprouts in this salad make it rich in protein and high in fiber too.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: nil
Cucumber: 100 g
Tomato: 100 g
capsicum: 50 g
Spring onions: 100 g
Sprouts: 1 cup
Lettuce leaves: 4 big leaves of iceberg lettuce
Olive oil: 1 tbsp
Lemon juice: 2 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
Black pepper: 1 tsp (freshly grounded preferable)
- Cut the cucumber in big cubes, leaving the skin on. Cut the tomatoes, spring onions white and green both in big pieces.
- Add sprouts to it. And torn lettuce leaves by hand and add to it.
- Now in another bowl take the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper, whisk them together.
- Keep the veggies and dressing separate and refrigerate till serve.
- Just before serving mix the dressing and veggies and toss well.
- Serve chilled.
Carbs : 25.6