Here I’m starting a new series – microwave series: How to involve microwave in our daily cooking? Lets start with some veggies, and then we’ll move on dals and few snacks too..
Do you know which veggie has the maximum amount of dietary fibers? Its not any leafy veg, but the clustered beans. So this vegetable is very advantageous for our digestive system, but can be heavy to digest too, so always season it with aniseeds & garlic and beans will be easy on your stomach. Drink plenty of water to have the fibers to work smoothly.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
Serves : 4
fresh clustered beans : 400 gms
carom seeds(aniseeds) : 1 tsp
garlic : 5-6 cloves
red chilly powder: 1 tbsp
turmeric powder: 1 tsp
coriander cumin powder: 1 tsp
salt: 1 – 2 tsp
oil : 1 tbsp
sugar: (optional) 1 -2 tsp
- Cut the clustered beans in 1 inch sized
- Take the oil in microwave proof vessel – preferably glass dish.
- Heat the oil for 1.30 mins on microwave high. Now add the carom seeds, turmeric powder and salt. Pound the red chilly powder and garlic into paste. Add this paste along with the other spices in microwave.
- Now add clustered beans and mix well.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tbsp of water on the vegetable and cover with lead or cover with the transparent film.
- Now microwave high the food for next 10 mins, with stirring in between about every 4 mins.
- Allow standing time for 2 mins and finally add sugar and coriander cumin powder , mix well and cook for another 30 sec just to mix the spices.
- The clustered beans vegetable is ready to eat,
- Serve hot with roti or parathas.
Nutritional value: per serving
Energy: 95 Kcal
Carbs: 13.5 g
Protein: 3.2 g
Fat: 3.5 g
Fibers: 12 g