This is the very famous vegetable from ‘Kathiavadi’ Gujarati cuisine. It can be prepared in two ways. We can add readymade ‘sev’ or can be made instantly and from gram flour and advantage is it does not required to be fried, instead it gets cooked in gravy itself and gives better texture to gravy. In jiffy we can make this veg in merely 10 mins using readymade sev.
Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Tomatoes: (ripe) 250 g
Sev: 20 g
Oil: 2 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
Garlic: 3-4 cloves
Red chilly powder: 2 tsp
Cumin coriander powder: 2 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Sugar : 2 tsp (optional)
Fresh coriander leaves: to garnish
- Cut the tomatoes in 1” cubes.
- Pound red chilly powder and garlic into paste and keep aside.
- Take oil in microwave proof vessel add mustard and cumin seeds to it, microwave high for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, chilly garlic paste and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and cook on microwave high for 5 mins.
- Tomatoes are fast and easy to cook, once done, add cumin coriander seeds powder, sugar, sev and mix well , you can add 2 more tbsp of water if you require gravy. Cook on microwave high for 1 minute and allow standing time for another 1 minute.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.