As we know that the spinach is the richest source of iron among vegetables, combination with corn and capsicum makes the dish not only crunchy but more nutritious with the calcium and protein addition from corn.
Onion: finely chopped 2 tbsp
Ginger garlic chilly paste: 1 tbsp
Cumin coriander powder: 1 tsp
Ghee: 1 tbsp
Kasoori methi: (dried fenugreek leaves) 2 tsp
Garam masala: 1 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
- to blanch the spinach in microwave, take 2 cups of water in microwave proof vessel and microwave high it for 1 min. then add coarsely chopped spinach to it and microwave high it for 2 mins. Now place the spinach into cold water immediately, this will retain its colour. Now grind it to puree.
- Now take ghee in microwave proof vessel and microwave high for 1 min. now add onions, ginger chilly garlic paste, kasoori methi and microwave high for 2 mins.
- Then add capsicum, salt, cumin coriander powder & garam masala powder. Now put on microwave high for 2 min.
- Now add spinach puree and corn to it and mix well, now cook on microwave high for 5 mins, stirring in between.
- Allow standing time for 1 minute. And the spinach corn capsicum is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or roti.