If you want to have some food which can satisfy your hunger pangs and keeps your stomach full for longer, what else it can be other than pulses, with its high contents of protein and fiber, pulses are the best companions who wants to have healthy living and healthy eating, lets talk about Rajma the kidney beans today. I’ve taken the small variety today – this rajma is small in size and brighter in red colour compared to the original big variant. This is known as “Kashmiri Rajma”.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Kashmiri Rajma : 200 g
Potatoes: 1 mid size (50g)
Onion: 2 tbsp finely chopped
Ginger garlic chilly paste: 1 tbsp
Kasoori methi: 1 pinch (optional)
Tomatoes: 2 (in pureed form)
Oil/ghee: 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Red chilly powder: 1 tsp
Coriander cumin seeds powder: 1 tsp
Punjabi garam masala: 1 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
Fresh coriander leaves: to garnish
- Soak rajma overnight, and discard the water, then pressure cook rajma along with potato, make sure that rajma gets cooked properly or it might create problem for stomach.
- Now separate the boiled potatoes and rajma, keep the water aside, we will use it to make gravy for rajma.
- Heat oil in pan, add onions, cook onions till it turn translucent. Add ginger garlic chilly paste, salt, turmeric powder, tomato puree, garam masala powder, kasoori methi, coriander cumin seeds powder, red chilly powder and mix well.
- Wait till the gravy separates oil, then add rajma and 1 cup water ( water from cooker). Bring it to a single boil, then add mashed potato and mix well.
- Simmer for next five minutes this will improve the consistency of the gravy.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.