Spinach is thought to have originated in ancient Persia, the arab traders carried spinach into india. Spinach is having very high nutritional value (vitamin c, vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin E, folic acid, adequate minerals and not to mention it’s one of the richest source of Iron.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 7-10 mins
Spinach : 300 g
Garlic: 5-6 cloves
Red chilly powder: 1 tsp
Cumin coriander seeds powder: 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Oil : 1 tbsp
- boiling the spinach halves its b vitamins and folic acid contents, instead microwaving prevents it. So possibly cook spinach in microwave or boil it for longer time.
- Wash the spinach thoroughly and chop it finely.
- Chop the 3-4 garlic cloves in thin slices and pound the remaining with red chilly powder to make chutney.
- Heat the oil in pan, and add sliced garlic. sauté garlic properly and add spinach.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of water and cover with led. Cook on medium flame for 5-7 mins.
- Spinach being very tender leafy veg, cooks very fast.
- When spinach is about to be cooked, add chilly garlic chutney and cumin coriander seeds powder. Simmer for a minute or two and serve hot.
Protein : 3