Stir fried cabbage or popularly known as “cobi no sambharo” in Gujarat, is the very easy to make dish, yet very fulfilling and tasty. If you don’t like raw cabbage in salad, just stir fry it, and within minutes a low cal , healthy and tasty dish is ready for you.
Cooking time: 5 mins
Green chillies: 2-3
Mustard seeds: 2 tsp
Roasted fenugreek seeds: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Asafoetida: a pinch
Salt: 1 tsp
Oil: 2 tsp
- Shred the cabbage and chop the chillies very finely.
- Now heat the oil in pan and add mustard seeds.
- When seeds start to crackle, add asafoetida, roasted fenugreek seeds or powder, and turmeric powder in oil.
- Then add cabbage and mix well. Keep stirring cabbage that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan while keeping the full flame of stove.
- Aft 4-5 minutes off the heat and do not cover the lid, to retain the cabbage crunchy.
- Make it just before serving and serve hot immediately.
Energy: 49.5 cal
Carbs: 4.6 g
Protein: 1.8 g
Fat: 2.6 g