You might be surprise to know that the ivy gourd vegetable – ‘tindora’ or ‘tendli’ has medicinal value to cure diabetes. The juice of the roots and leaves is used in the treatment of diabetes. Lets see one more low calorie healthy and tasty vegetable dish , how to make in microwave.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Tindora (ivy gourd): 400 g
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Garlic : 5-6 cloves pounded with red chilly powder as chutney
Coriander cumin seeds powder: 2 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Fresh coriander leaves: to garnish
- Wash and Cut the tendli and potatoes in thin chips.
- Take the oil in microwave proof bowl and add mustard seeds. Microwave high for 2 mins.
- And when seeds starts to crackle add vegetable, salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of water or place ¼ glass of water inside microwave, now microwave high for 7 – 10 mins mixing in between.
- Allow standing time for 1 minute.
- Add chilly garlic chutney, cumin coriander seeds powder and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.