Green grams or mung beans are the only beans easy on digestive system, that’s why it can be consumed by people of any age group, irrespective of any health problem. You can boil them, make flour from raw, or make sprout, this beans has tremendous nutritional value. let’s see one more variety of this nutritional power house.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Raw Green gram: ½ cup (aft boiling it will become 2 cups)
Bengal gram flour: 1 tbsp
Curds: ½ cup
Garlic: 3-4 cloves
Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
Green chilly: 1
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Cumin coriander seeds powder: 2 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Fresh coriander leaves: for garnish
- Pressure cook green gram with 1 tsp salt, and 4 cups of water. Make sure that the gram should not be mushy. To ensure it, you can just allow to pressure cook for 2 whistles and then off the heat.
- Now in another pan take mung, 3 cup of water, turmeric powder, green chilly split in half, and bring it to boil.
- Now mix curds, gram flour and make smooth batter. Add this batter to boiling mung and let it simmer for 5 mins.
- When mung gets thick consistency, it is ready.
- Heat the oil and add cumin seeds. When seeds start to crackle, add garlic chutney (pounded garlic with red chilli powder.), dry red chilli, a pinch of asafoetida and pour it to the gravy.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. And serve hot with roti or rice.