Fasting is one most efficient way to detoxify body, but many times it fails, cause instead of taking lots of fruits and vegetables, or some light grains, people eat fried peanuts, fried potatoes and yams, and thus gain fat instead of losing it. Contrary to popular belief that the foods to be ate in fast are bland and can not be spicy or tasty, lets make this masala khichdi, thats very light from calorie point of view and yet nutritious and tasty.
Soaking time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Samai: 1 cup
Water: 4 cups
Tomatoes: 1 cup finely chopped
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Ginger chilly paste: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Red chilly powder:2 tsp
Salt : 1 tsp
Roasted peanuts powder: 1 tbsp
Oil & Ghee: 1 tbsp
- Wash and Soak the samai in a bowl.
- Take the mixture of oil and ghee in microwave proof baking dish.
- Microwave high it for 2 mins. Add cumin seeds and again microwave high for 30 sec.
- Now salt, ginger chilly paste, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, 4 cups of water and microwave high for 4-5 mins or till water gets bubbling hot.
- Now add the soaked samai to the dish and microwave high for 4-5 mins stirring in between.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, and roasted peanuts powder and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with curd.
Energy: 134.45 cal
Carbs: 17.67 g
Protein: 3.355 g
Fat: 4.59 g