Hey friends, In no way I can claim this cake to be “Healthy”,but still home made cake is always healthier than the outside one, as we will use clarified / low fat / cholesterol free butter, while the outside one will have the hazardous saturated fat. Still I dont promote to have cakes or anything in high butter regularly, but once in a while , our body can take it, Have just one piece and make sure that do not eat as a dessert after heavy dinner, instead take it before dinner or most preferably first thing in the morning!! This time it was a birthday treat for my darling hubby!! believe me it was really yummy!! lets see how I made it.
plain flour: 1 cup
baking powder: 1 tsp
soda bi carb: 1/2 tsp
condense milk: 200 g (half tin )
Cocoa powder: 2 tbsp
vanilla essence: 1 tsp
butter: 1/2 cup (melted)
for truffle layer:
Dark chocolate: 250 g
fresh cream : 1 cup
butter: 2 tbsp (melted)
sugar: 2 tbsp
- sift the plain flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and soda bi carb together.
- then add melted butter and condense milk.
- now add a cup of water and mix it to a batter consistency.
- take a 150 cm diameter baking tin, and greese it with butter. and pour the batter in a tin.
- now bake the cake in pre heated oven at 180 deg, for 25 mins or till the knife comes out clear.
- once the cake is baked let it cool down a bit, cut it in the half, dissolve 2 tbsp powdered sugar in half cup of water and sprinkle on both the halves.
- now heat the pan and add fresh cream to it, bring it to boil and off the heat. chop the dark chocolate and add this to the hot cream, and make a truffle sauce stirring continuously till the chocolate melts and form a dark sauce.
- now spread the sauce on the both halves and arrange the layers.
- now cover the whole cake with the truffle sauce.
- let it refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- finally decorate the cake with the cream icing or just arrange the colored chocolates as I did.
- serve fresh!!
pls carefully look at the calories and then choose your portion.
Nutritional value: ( per 1/8 sized piece)
Energy: 283.8 kcal
Carbs: 28.92 g
Protein: 6.07 g
Fat: 15.97 g