Don’t like dal in the liquid form?? Don’t worry, still you can enjoy the goodness of dals, try out this healthy recipe, and have the power of protein.
It is very easy to make, so Men out there – you can make it when wives are absent. students abroad, you can also enjoy tasty and nutritious food made easy.
Dal in the dry form goes well with the curries and rice / roti. You can make rolls by stuffing this in the roti. Or just have it as it is , as I like it the way.
Soaking time: 15 mins
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
Yellow Mung dal (split green gram without skin) : 1 cup
Green chillies: 2 tsp finely chopped
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds: ½ tsp
Curry leaves: 3-4
Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
Asafoetida: a pinch
Salt: as per taste
Sugar: 1 tsp (optional)
Oil : 1 tbsp
Fresh coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- soak the dal for 15 mins with double the water. And keep it aside
- once soaked, don’t discard the water.
- Now we will do tempering, heat the oil in the shallow microwave plate and mustard and cumin seeds.
- Microwave high for 2 mins When seeds starts to crackle , add fenugreek seeds , curry leaves, green chillies, turmeric powder, asafoetida and microwave high for 2 mins.
- Now add the soaked dal along with the water and mix well, add salt, sugar and microwave high for 10 mins, mixing every five minutes.
- Allow 2 mins standing time.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Nutritional value: per portion
Energy: 166.5 Kcal
Carbs: 24.0 G
Protein: 9.3 G
Fat: 3.7 G