This gujarati mix vegetable is really very delicious and nutritious, but it’s our way of cooking made it unhealthy, traditionally it’s made by frying all the veggies and vadi and mix it up, so let’s change the way, make it healthy, omit all frying procedure replacing by steaming. And nourish ourselves with the vital vitamins provided by these green veggies.
Preparation time: 15-20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Brinjal: 100 g
Yam: 100 g
Fresh fenugreek leaves: 50 g
Double beans: 50 g
Broad beans: 50 g
Fresh green grams: 50 g
Green peas: 50 g
Bengal gram flour: 1 cup
Green garlic (fresh): 50 g
Fresh coriander leaves: 2 cups finely chopped
Fresh coconut: 1/2 cup grated
Salt: 1-2 tsp
Chilly garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Coriander cumin seeds powder: 1 tsp
Oil: 4 tbsp
Soda bi carb: ¼ tsp
Lemon juice: 2 tsp
Sugar: 1 tbsp
- This process is done in various stages first we will make the stuffing masala, then the fenugreek dumplings, then potatoes & yams and finally will cook the beans with assembling all the veggies.
- So let’s start with the stuffing, take grated coconut and fresh coriander leaves in a bowl.
- Add 2 tsp of chilly garlic paste, salt, lemon juice, coriander cumin seeds powder, and sugar and mix well. Keep it a side.
- Now in another bowl take Bengal gram flour, finely chopped fenugreek leaves, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, a tsp of oil, soda bi carb, salt and mix well. Now make small dumplings out of it and steam cook in the steamer or bake in microwave, you can also cook them over the boiling water in the vessel, once cooked keep it aside.
- Now similarly steam cook the potatoes and yam, they should be chopped in to big pieces and sprinkle some salt over them.
- Then take the brinjals, just make a slit and stuff the coriander masala inside. Steam cook the stuffed brinjals.
- Now heat the oil in a pan, add a pinch of asafoetida, and fresh green garlic, then add chilly garlic paste ,turmeric powder ,salt , and beans likes broad beans, double beans, green peas, green grams and mix them , sprinkle half cup of water and let the beans cook.
- Once the beans get cooked then add the veggies one by one , Sprinkle the coriander masala over the veggies and mix well ,cover and simmer for 5-7 mins.
- Aroma of veggies will be mixed with each other and form a delicious and nutritious dish.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Energy: 216.06 cal
Carbs: 24.15 g
Protein: 9.44 g
Fat: 9.1 g