Pasta is loved by everyone, yes it is healthy,, if you chose the whole wheat variety, and by adding mushroom and spinach, will not just add taste and flavour, but also will add iron , zinc and other minerals too. Let’s make the yummy pasta.
Penne pasta: 100 g
Mushrooms: 50 g or ½ cup finely chopped
Spinach: 50 g or ¾ cup finely chopped
Cheese: ½ cup grated
Garlic: 3-4 cloves
Olive oil: 1 tbsp
Butter: 1 tbsp
Salt: as per taste
Mixed herbs: 2 tsp
Oregano: 1 tsp
Wheat flour: 1 tbsp
Corn flour: ½ tbsp
Milk: 2 cups
- First boil the pasta in broad pan with adding ½ tsp oil and 1 tsp salt.
- Once cooked, drain and wash with cold water, this will prevent the pasta to stick with each other. Keep the pasta aside.
- Now to make mushroom sauce, thoroughly wash and chop the mushrooms finely.
- Take butter in pan and add wheat flour and corn flour roast it for 2 mins and then add mushrooms, once mushroom gets soft, add milk gradually, stirring continuously, making sure no lumps remain.
- Add salt, ½ tsp mixed herbs, ½ tsp oregano and cheese. Off the heat and stir till cheese melts. Let the sauce cool down to room temperature.
- Now heat the olive oil in pan, once hot, add chopped garlic and chopped spinach and sauté for 3-4 mins.
- Now add pasta, mixed herbs, a pinch of salt, oregano and mix well.
- Add mushroom sauce and mix with pasta.
- Mix the sauce and pasta just before serving to avoid the dryness of pasta, and If pasta get dried, you can sprinkle a tbsp of milk.
- Serve hot with garlic toast and soup.
Energy: 171.875 cal
Carbs: 11.46 g
Protein: 5.62 g
Fat: 11.81 g