Lets make one more wholesome basic bread from Gujarat, its popular in one or another form in almost all regions of Gujarat. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, it accompanies every dal and veggies. There are mainly two varieties of it, in west region of gujarat , its roasted in clay griddles and made bit thick and crispy, while in northern and southern gujarat, its small in size, thin and roasted on regular griddle making it thin and soft..if we talk about its nutritional profile, then its rich in fibers so in many ways good for heart, though it has most of the carbohydrates but the complex one, so its slow rising and good for diabetic people too.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Whole wheat flour : 200 g (coarsely grinded)
Oil: 2 tbsp
Salt: a pinch
- Take the flour in a vessel and add oil to it.
- Now add salt and mix it well.
- Add the water slowly slowly and knead the flour hard.
- The dough should not be soft , hard and knead it till it gets bounded properly.
- Now divide the dough into 4 parts.
- Roll out the bhakhri of 6” diameter.
- You can either roast it on hot clay griddle or you can roast it on both the sides on non stick griddle on medium to low flame.
- Serve hot with vegetable or dal.
Energy: 199 cal
Carbs: 38.6 g
Protein: 4.1 g
Fat: 4.05 g