our all time favorite soup is made more healthy, addition of dal increases essential protein content of the soup. Tomatoes are very low in calories still very nutritious as they contains the anti oxidant lycopen, which is well known for its anti aging properties. Here we have made this soup very low calorie but if you want to make this for kids, you can add cream, butter and garnish it with cheese.
preparation time: nil
cooking time: 15 mins
serves : 4
tomatoes: 400 g
onion: one med sized
garlic: 2-3 pods
mung dal yellow : 2 tbsp
cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
oil or ghee : 1 tsp
fresh coriander leaves: 1 tbsp to garnish
- boil tomatoes, onion, garlic, and dal together.
- once boiled crush them in a blender with 4 cups of water.
- Strain the mixture, add salt and let it simmer on low heat for a minute or two.
- Now for tempering heat the oil and add cumin seeds.
- When seeds get roasted, pour this tempering over the soup.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Energy: 52.8 cal
Carbs: 7.93 g
Protein: 2.04 g
Fat: 1.2 g