Very easy to make, this recipe is another healthy option for breakfast as it is the combination of complex carbs and protein. Tin of baked beans is available in almost any part of the country so if you are bachelor and want to make healthy breakfast yourself, this one is easy and yummy option. Lets see how to make it.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Baked beans: 100 g or half small tin
Whole wheat bread: 4 nos
Tomatoes: 2 nos med sized
Onion/spring onion: 1 tbsp finely chopped
Garlic: 1 tsp crushed/ finely chopped
Olive oil/butter/oil: 1 tbsp
Capsicum: 1 tbsp finely chopped
Tomato ketchup: 1 tbsp
Spring onion greens: to garnish
Mixed herbs: 1 tsp
Salt: as per taste
- Heat the oil/butter in the pan, add onions to it.
- When onion turns translucent add capsicum, crushed garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Now blanch the tomatoes and puree it. Add the puree to the pan and mix well.
- Sauté for one more minute and add baked beans, tomato ketchup, salt and mixed herbs.
- Mix well and simmer till gravy becomes thick and keep aside.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Toast the whole wheat bread.
- Spread the beans mixture on the toast, garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
Energy: 115.5 cal
Carbs: 17.43 g
Protein: 3.6 g
Fat: 3.5 g