Crepe is a thinly spread pancakes, known as dosa in Indian subcontinent. A healthy food is the one which is the balance combination of complex carbs, lean protein and healthy fat. This crepe consists of chola dal – complex carbs and lean protein. It will make your tummy full for longer and satisfy your taste buds. Eat along with fresh coriander chutney and have zest!!
Preparation time: Soaking : 2 ½ hours
Cooking time: 5 mins
Chola dal: 50 g or 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds: 4-5 nos
Green chilly: 1-2 nos
Ginger: ¼ inch piece
Cumin seeds: ½ tsp
Oil: approx. 1 tbsp for cooking
Salt: as per taste
Fruit salt: ½ tsp
- Soak the dal for 2 ½ hours in enough water, along with fenugreek seeds. Once soaked, drain it completely and wash with fresh water.
- Now in a grinder add the dal, ginger, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds. Blend it adding very little water as required.
- Make sure to keep the batter thick pouring consistency.
- Add salt as per taste required, add fruit salt sprinkle water on it and mix well.
- Now on a hot griddle, apply a laden full of batter in layer as thin as possible. With the help of little oil cook on first side well and then turn it upside down, cook for very little time say just 10-15 sec and serve hot.
- Relish with fresh coriander chutney, or coconut chutney.
Energy: 161 cal
Carbs: 22 g
Protein: 9 g
Fat: 3.7 g
Handy Tip: Fenugreek seeds will make the crepe crisp yet non sticky to griddle.