This soup is extremely low calorie and zero oil yet very tasty and nutritious. Both drumstick and bottle gourd are easy to digest and have protective characteristics. This can be given babies too , avoid extra salt and pepper and add a dash of ghee or butter and your baby would love it. Lets see how to make it.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Drumsticks pods: 100 g
Bottle gourd: 50 g
Salt: as per taste
Carrot : 1 tbsp thinly sliced
cauliflower: 5-6 small florets
Onion : 1 small sized
Garlic: 1-2 pods
- Cut the drumstick pods in finger size and chop the bottle gourd in med size cubes.
- Boil them together along with onion and garlic in enough water to cover them completely with the pinch of salt added to it.
- Once boiled keep aside to cool down, take the onion out of it, keeping the garlic inside.
- Once cooled down, with the help of your hands mash the drumstick pods and take out the seeds and pulp out of it. Throw away the dry outer skin and keep the seeds and pulp.
- Now with the help of blender, blend this to a desired thick consistency adding little water.
- Add salt and thinly sliced carrot & cauliflower and bring it to boil.
- Garnish with black pepper and serve hot.
Energy: 22 cal
Carbs: 3.5 g
Protein: 1.75 g
Fat: 0.1 g
select the drumstick pods bright green in colour, thick and softer. Dry one will not have sufficient marrow /pulp required for soup. Do not worry about the seeds , you can eat them they are very nutritious too.