Once again a great combination of protein with vegetable, a chilla is easy to make and handy. This recipe is good source of protein and vitamin A. Plus green mung dal is good source of dietary fibres too and carrots provides starchy carbs and various antioxidants. Phytonutrients of carrot protects against cardio vascular disease and dietary fibres will not allow cholesterol accumulation. So what are we waiting for lets have it!!
Soaking time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 10 mins
Green mung dal: 1 cup
Carrots: shredded ½ cup
Ginger green chilly paste: 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
Salt: ½ tsp
Oil: to cook
- Soak the mung dal for 2 hours.
- Once soaked drain the excess water and blend the dal in to blender until smooth. You can add the water, required to adjust consistency.
- Now add shredded carrots, ginger green chilly paste, salt and coriander leaves and mix them well.
- On the hot griddle, take a ladleful of batter and spread to form round chilla.
- Apply half tsp of oil on the sides. Turn it other side.
- Cook for a minute and chilla is ready to eat.
- Serve hot with veg raita or mint coriander chutney.
Energy: 204 cal
Carbs: 26 g
Protein: 11.2 g
Fat: 5.11 g