Both Beta carotene from carrot and lycopen from tomatoes works towards beautiful eyes and younger looking skin, this salad is powerhouse of anti oxidants. Plus you eat it raw , and the fibres will keep you full for longer times.
Preparation time:10 mins
Carrots : 200 gm
Tomatoes : 200 gm
Green chilly: finely chopped 1 tsp
Red chilly powder: 1 tsp
Coriander cumin seeds powder: 1 tbsp
Aamchoor powder or chat masala: 1 tsp
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Fresh coriander leaves: 2 tbsp for garnish
- Shred the carrots , keep at side but do not drain the juice from it.
- Finely chop tomatoes and green chillies and keep it aside.
- Now in a bowl take lemon juice, chat masala or amchoor powder, coriander cumin powder, salt and red chilly powder and mix them all properly,
- Now just before serving toss the salad in the dressing.
- Top with fresh coriander leaves and serve chilled.
Energy: 44 cal
Carbs: 9.3 g
Protein: 1.45 g
Fat: 0 g
To improve protein content and add essential fat, one can add Roasted peanuts or roasted almonds coarse powder. That will give crunchy texture too.