A little spicy but simple marination and a quick stir fry will turn boiled baby potatoes into exotic Tandoori Aloo. Can be made in microwave or on gas stove easily. Its myth that potatoes are fattening, its us who make them fattening by consuming it in wrong way. This powerhouse of complex carbs, various b vitamins and minerals make it a wonderful food. So go ahead and make a super tasty version of Aloo.
Cooking time: 15 mins
baby potatoes : 400 g
kasoori methi: 1/2 tsp
salt: as per taste
ghee + oil: 2 tbsp
fresh coriander leaves: for garnishing
Curds: 1 tbsp
Garam masala: ½ tsp
Dry whole kashmiri chillies: 5-6 nos
Garlic: 3-4 cloves
Ginger: ½ “ piece
Coriander cumin seeds powder: 1 tbsp
Amchoor powder: ½ tsp
- First prepare marination paste. Take whole kashmiri chillies and soak them in warm water for 8-10 mins or till soaked completely.
- Then take them along with garlic & ginger into blender.
- Add a little water and blend into smooth paste. Now take the paste in bowl, add coriander cumin seeds powder, amchoor powder and mix well.
- Now boil the baby potatoes along with salt.
- Peel them and marinate them in the prepared paste for 15 mins such that it covers all the potatoes.
- Take the oil+ghee in hot skillet, now add kasoori methi, the marinated potatoes and the left over marination paste and sauté for 5 mins.
- Now add curds and garam masala and mix well.
- Simmer for 5 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Energy: 173 k cal
Carbs: 25.3 g
Protein: 3 g
Fat: 6.3 g