An authentic Italian healthy soup, that makes a meal in itself. As we know that to make a meal balanced we need to have carbs, protein and fat in it, this soup contains everything, Pasta fulfils the carbs portion, Beans fulfils the proteins and olive oil gives best essential fat, plus its tomato based soup having goodness of antioxidant lycopen and fibres and minerals from other veggies. Its quick and easy, yet yummy and nutritious.
How to make some traditional chillas interesting? We can put them in between bread and can make sandwiches, but how about making toast? Crunchy from one side and soft yet crispy on the other side. If we look at the nutritional value, its a perfect meal in itself, wheat bread is the complex carb and mung dal is a lean protein – the best combination to control fat accumulation and provide energy to body. Plus its a good snacking option for tiffin box and kids will love them too. Lets see how to make it.
A very simple and very low oil recipe. With goodness of protein from chickpeas & wholesome rotis plus salad can fulfil daily dose of nutrients. This combination makes it a perfect meal in itself. How better you can use your left over rotis to make a yummy & delicious snack. Lets see how to make !!
Soaking time: overnight
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: NIL
Serves: makes 4 wraps
Chick peas: ½ cup (soaked overnight and boiled)
Curds: 1 tbsp
Salt: as per taste
Olive oil /oil: 1 tsp
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
Cabbage/lettuce: ½ cup shredded
Carrots: ½ cup shredded or cut in long stripes
Spring onions: ½ cup thinly chopped (with greens)
Capsicum: ½ cup thinly chopped or striped
Chat masala: 1 tsp
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
Salt : as per taste
Olive oil/oil: 1 tsp
- To make hummus spread, take boiled chick peas, oil, lemon juice, salt and curds in a blender and blend to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Take onions, cabbage/lettuce, capsicum, carrots and mix well, now add salt, chat masala, lemon juice, oil and toss well.
- Now take a roti, and place it on a dry surface. You can lightly roast the rotis on hot griddle.
- Then take ½ to 1 tbsp of hummus spread and spread it on a roti. Now place a tbsp of salad and roll it tightly.
- Repeat the process with another 3 rotis.
- Serve with tomato ketchup / coriander chutney.
Energy: 141 cal
Carbs: 25.6 g
Protein: 4.3 g
Fat: 4.5 g
A balance diet is the one, which consist of balanced combination of Complex carbohydrates, lean protein, healthy fat and vegetables. One of the complete meal in itself and a yummy pure gujarati dish. Yes it contains dhoklis made up of whole wheat, plus the dholklis are swimming in pool of dal, a lean protein and traditionally potatoes, are added to it making it a wholesome complete meal in itself. Lets make the yummy dal dhoklis.