Very easy to make, this recipe is another healthy option for breakfast as it is the combination of complex carbs and protein. Tin of baked beans is available in almost any part of the country so if you are bachelor and want to make healthy breakfast yourself, this one is easy and yummy option. Lets see how to make it.
Munchurian is a delicious dish from Chinese cuisine, it does contains lots of veggies yet we cant consider it to be healthy cause it is deep fried. All the deep fried food not only add fat too the food, but also it generate free radicals in our body which promotes cancer. Lets see how to avoid deep frying and yet make the dish same tasty but most importantly healthy!! Continue reading “Healthy Munchurian”
An authentic Italian healthy soup, that makes a meal in itself. As we know that to make a meal balanced we need to have carbs, protein and fat in it, this soup contains everything, Pasta fulfils the carbs portion, Beans fulfils the proteins and olive oil gives best essential fat, plus its tomato based soup having goodness of antioxidant lycopen and fibres and minerals from other veggies. Its quick and easy, yet yummy and nutritious.
A very simple and very low oil recipe. With goodness of protein from chickpeas & wholesome rotis plus salad can fulfil daily dose of nutrients. This combination makes it a perfect meal in itself. How better you can use your left over rotis to make a yummy & delicious snack. Lets see how to make !!
Soaking time: overnight
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: NIL
Serves: makes 4 wraps
Chick peas: ½ cup (soaked overnight and boiled)
Curds: 1 tbsp
Salt: as per taste
Olive oil /oil: 1 tsp
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
Cabbage/lettuce: ½ cup shredded
Carrots: ½ cup shredded or cut in long stripes
Spring onions: ½ cup thinly chopped (with greens)
Capsicum: ½ cup thinly chopped or striped
Chat masala: 1 tsp
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
Salt : as per taste
Olive oil/oil: 1 tsp
- To make hummus spread, take boiled chick peas, oil, lemon juice, salt and curds in a blender and blend to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Take onions, cabbage/lettuce, capsicum, carrots and mix well, now add salt, chat masala, lemon juice, oil and toss well.
- Now take a roti, and place it on a dry surface. You can lightly roast the rotis on hot griddle.
- Then take ½ to 1 tbsp of hummus spread and spread it on a roti. Now place a tbsp of salad and roll it tightly.
- Repeat the process with another 3 rotis.
- Serve with tomato ketchup / coriander chutney.
Energy: 141 cal
Carbs: 25.6 g
Protein: 4.3 g
Fat: 4.5 g
Pasta is loved by everyone, yes it is healthy,, if you chose the whole wheat variety, and by adding mushroom and spinach, will not just add taste and flavour, but also will add iron , zinc and other minerals too. Let’s make the yummy pasta.