In our childhood whenever we had stomach ache, mom used to make us gallop the powdered methi (fenugreek) seeds and within minutes the ache were vanish!! Yes! Fenugreek plant is having medicinal values not only for gas trouble or stomach ache, but it is also used by lactating women to increase milk supply and it is also used as natural herbal medicine for diabetic people. This plant can be used for its leaves (as herb) and for its seeds (as spice). Today we will see one recipe from the fresh leaves. Combining the leaves with the curds reduces its bitter taste and curds will add the protein making it complete meal.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Fresh Fenugreek leaves: 100 gms(finely chopped)
Bengal gram flour: 1 cup
Low fat Curd: 1 cup
Water: 400- 450 ml
Garlic: 4-5 cloves
Oil: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
- Take a shallow baking tray and take 1 tsp oil in it. Microwave high for 1 min, and add finely chopped garlic to it and again microwave high for 1 min.
- Now add chopped fenugreek leaves, salt, turmeric powder and mix well. Now microwave high for 1 min.
- Now mix Bengal gram flour with curd, and whisk to make sure no lumps remain. Then gradually add water to it to have curry like consistency or a bit thicker.
- Now mix well and microwave high for 7 mins, stirring in between.
- Allow standing time for a minute and serve hot with roti or rice.
Energy: 107 cal