An authentic Italian healthy soup, that makes a meal in itself. As we know that to make a meal balanced we need to have carbs, protein and fat in it, this soup contains everything, Pasta fulfils the carbs portion, Beans fulfils the proteins and olive oil gives best essential fat, plus its tomato based soup having goodness of antioxidant lycopen and fibres and minerals from other veggies. Its quick and easy, yet yummy and nutritious.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Tomatoes: 400 g
Macroni pasta: 50 g
Baked beans : 200 g
capsicum: 2 tbsp finely chopped
Spring onions: 1 cup (white + greens) finely chopped
Carrots: 1 tbsp finely chopped
French beans: 1 tbsp finely chopped
Oregano/mixed herbs: 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup: 2 tbsp
Salt: as per taste
Olive oil: 1 tbsp (extra virgin preferable)
Processed cheese: 1 tbsp to garnish
- Blanch the tomatoes and puree them.
- Now take olive oil in a pan and heat. Add onions, capsicum, carrots, French beans, salt, oregano/ mixed herbs and sauté for 5 mins. When onion turns translucent, add macaroni, baked beans, and tomato puree and bring one boil.
- Once boiled then let it simmer on low flame till macaroni gets cooked.
- After macaroni get cooked, add tomato ketchup and mix well. You can add up to half cup of water to adjust consistency if required.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and spring onion greens and serve hot.
Nutritional value: per portion
Energy: 133 cal
Carbs: 17 g
Protein: 5.2 g
Fat: 4.5 g